The Library Weekly Book Recommendation - KS5/Adult - The Push by Ashley Audrain

 


What if your experience of motherhood was nothing like what you hoped for - but everything you always feared?

'The women in this family, we're different...'

The arrival of baby Violet was meant to be the happiest day of my life. A fresh start.

But as soon as I held her in my arms, I knew something wasn't right.

I have always known that the women in my family weren't meant to be mothers.

My husband Fox says I'm imagining it, but she's different with me. Something feels very wrong.

Is it her? Or is it me?

Is she the monster? Or am I?

The Push is an addictive, gripping and compulsive read asking what happens when women are not believed - and challenging everything we think we know about motherhood.

Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
ISBN: 9781405945042
Number of pages: 400

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June #23 Online Library Newsletter

The OPHS Online Library Newsletter - December 2023 #29